Frequently Asked Questions
What is the FAC’s policy on photography?
In our permanent collection galleries, go for it! Photography is permitted without use of flash or tripod equipment. If you share on social remember to hashtag #FAC!
Please refrain from taking photographs in special exhibition galleries on our second-floor, as those works usually carry copyright restrictions.
- Be considerate of your fellow visitors, and avoid disrupting Museum operations, limiting accessibility of exhibitions, entrances/exits, etc.
- Flash photography is not permitted. Camera bags, stabilization devices such as tripods and monopods, and other large or specialty photographic equipment are prohibited in the galleries (unless approved and accompanied by Museum staff).
- Visitor photography is permitted for personal, noncommercial use only. Photographs may not be published, sold, reproduced, distributed, or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner unless approved by the artist and Museum in writing.
- Photos and video are prohibited during theatre productions.
- PRESS AND EDUCATIONAL requests including film and videography projects, please contact the Communications Department by phone at (719) 389-6770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate. A minimum three days advance notice must be provided; same day requests will not be considered or approved.
- PROFESSIONAL/COMMERCIAL photography inquiries, spaces may be reserved for a $100/hr through our Events department. Please call (719) 389-6935 or email email@example.com for availability. A minimum three days advance notice must be provided; same day requests will not be considered or approved. Restrictions on equipment usage and art inclusion apply. Certain works of art on the FAC property cannot be included without expressed written permission from the artist or rights holder.
The Fine Arts Center reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold and/or withdraw permission to photograph on its premises. No photographs or videotapes may be reproduced, published, distributed, sold, transferred, or otherwise commercially exploited without the expressed written permission of the FAC.
Can I sketch in the museum?
The art in our galleries can be great inspirations for your own work. We just ask that you use pencils, not pens, and keep pencils a comfortable distance from the paintings.
Can I bring food and drink in the theatre and galleries?
You can bring food and drinks into the theatre, courtyard and most other first floor public spaces. Food and drink are restricted from our galleries, except during some specific events.
Can the FAC donate to my event?
Although the FAC is a non-profit, we also try to support our non-profit peers. See donation policy here.
Please send requests to:
Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center at Colorado College
30 W Dale St
Colorado Springs, CO 80903-3210
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I perform at the FAC?
Keep an eye on our auditions page.
How can I get my art at the FAC?
We have recently launched retail art programs for our Museum Shop and Deco Lounge. You can find submission guidelines here.
To have your art considered for our museum galleries, please see those submission proposal guidelines here.
How can I teach art classes?
Please contact the Bemis School of Art Director Tara Thomas at email@example.com
SUBMIT OTHER QUESTIONS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org