fourth Grade Passport to the Arts
Thank you for your interest in the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center at Colorado College’s Fourth Grade Passport to the Arts Program!
With Art We Thrive
In an effort to maximize learning opportunities and incite a lifelong love and appreciation for the arts with area youth, the Fine Arts Center is proud to offer the Passport to the Arts program to fourth grade students and their families. This is one of many new programs to come out of the implementation of the FAC/CC Strategic Plan titled “Excellence, Access, and Collaboration.”
Parents of 2018–2019 fourth grade students
Register now for the Passport to the Arts program to receive:
- A FREE one-year family membership to the Fine Arts Center (for the fourth grader, two adults, and all other children under 18 in the household)
- (1) FREE children’s ticket* to Go, Dog. Go! (Sept. 14–Oct. 14, 2018)
- (1) FREE children’s ticket* to Ben and the Magic Paintbrush (March 8–April 7, 2019)
- 50% off tuition on select Bemis School of Art classes for the fourth grade student (additional fees may apply); please call (719) 475-2444 for a list of courses available to Passport holders
- Access to activities in the museum specifically built for fourth graders and their families
*While supplies last; get your tickets early to these popular family theatre productions! For the safety of your child, we require that he/she be accompanied by an adult (eligible for member discounted rate) when attending the museum or a theatre performance.
Join our mailing list to receive programming news and updates from the Fine Arts Center! Stay Connected
Why fourth graders?
Recognizing a strong tie between the Colorado History focus of fourth grade curriculum and the Fine Arts Center’s incredible collection of Native American and Hispanic art and artifacts, the Fourth Grade Passport to the Arts program was born!
What if I already have a Fine Arts Center membership?
Your membership will be extended an additional year at the Family level. Contact our membership department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (719) 477-4390 with any questions.
What if I miss one of the shows?
Sign up early and get your tickets to these popular family theatre productions to ensure your child’s free ticket(s)! We are unable to offer substitutions or value refunds on any unused portion of the Passport program. See Terms and Conditions below.
Do I need to accompany my fourth grader when he/she visits or can I drop him/her off?
For the safety of your child, we require that he/she be accompanied by an adult when attending the museum or a theatre performance. We do have select classes at Bemis School of Art at which you may sign them in and return for pick-up.
What if my child is home-schooled?
We welcome your student to participate! Without school and teacher info in the registration, you may be asked for birth certificate or U.S. passport proof of age for validation.
What if my child is repeating the fourth grade?
Each individual is only eligible to participate in the program for one year.
Can I sign my grandchild/niece/nephew/kid I babysit, etc. up for the program?
Yes, with permission of the child’s legal guardian.
I’m a fourth grade teacher, can I sign my whole class up?
Please share program details with your students’ parents. We require parent or legal guardian information (name, address) at registration. For information on school tours or student matinées, see our educator resources page.
Can I sign a group up and bring them for a student matinée?
For information on school tours or student matinées, see our educator resources page.
When do I have to sign up by?
To get the full value of the program benefits be sure to sign your fourth grader up before or during the first fall family theatre production. We are unable to offer substitutions or value refunds on any unused portion of the Passport program.
Terms & Conditions
The Fourth Grade Passport to the Arts is a non-transferable, non-refundable pass which entitles the holder to whom it is issued to obtain Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center at Colorado College (CSFACCC) benefits as outlined below.
The Fourth Grade Passport to the Arts may be used to obtain:
(1) complimentary one-year family membership to the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center at Colorado College (for the fourth grader, two adults, and all other children under 18 in the household); (1) complimentary children’s ticket to the FAC Theatre Company’s fall Music Room family production; (1) complimentary children’s ticket to the FAC Theatre Company’s spring Music Room family production; 50% off select Bemis School of Art classes for the fourth grade student; Activities in the museum specifically for fourth graders and their families.
– The Passport or use of the Passport or tickets and discounts obtained may not be transferred or re-sold to any other person, including family members or relatives.
– The Passport registration must be confirmed by the Fine Arts Center front desk to obtain children’s theatre tickets. The purchase of at least (1) full-priced adult ticket is required, individual or groups of children must be supervised by an adult.
– All benefits provided to the Passport holder are a special privilege intended for the fourth grade student to whom the Passport is issued ONLY, unless otherwise noted in the program details.
– You may be requested to verify your child’s current grade by providing a copy of one of the following documents: report card; school ID (with student’s name and school year); school schedule (with student’s name and school year); birth certificate or government issued Passport.
– If an applicant provides any false or inaccurate information in his or her application, a Passport will not be issued. If a Passport has already been issued, it will be revoked if false or inaccurate information has been provided. All information provided in the application is subject to verification by CSFACCC.
– The CSFACCC reserves the right to modify or cancel the Passport program and all valid Passports at any time with or without notice.
– CSFACCC is not responsible for expenses incurred or opportunities foregone by Passport holders if CSFACCC modifies or cancels program or individual benefit components.
– All information provided in the application becomes the property of CSFACCC. Information provided by applicants may be used by CSFACCC for verification, marketing, and research purposes.