The award-winning and critically-acclaimed Fine Arts Center Theatre Company produces an annual season of musicals, comedies and dramas. Bring classes and groups to our student matinées for an enriching experience to last a lifetime. The variety of theatre experiences will leave your students wanting more and wishing to come back!
To schedule, contact email@example.com or call (719) 634-5583.
- Grades 6-12
- Get your deerstalker cap on – the play’s afoot and Sherlock Holmes is on the case!
Oct 19, 24 & Nov 2, 9
- Grades K-5
- A dancing cat, a howling dog, and a vampire bunny. The perfect pet combination for any family.
Dec 12, 14, 19, and 21
- Grades K-12
- Leapin’ Lizards! The irrepressible comic strip heroine takes center stage this holiday season in one of the world’s best-loved musicals.
March 6 and 15
- One of the most popular children’s plays ever written, Aesop’s fable, Androcles and the Lion, has been produced in 20 countries.
Tickets are only $8 per student! One free adult chaperone is required for every 10 students. Additional adults are $15. Minimum group size is 15 students (not including chaperones).
2017-2018 Mainstage productions start at 10 a.m. on the dates listed below. These shows run approximately 2–2.5 hours, including a 15-minute intermission.
- Baskerville: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery – Oct 17
- Annie – Dec 12, 14, 19, and 21
2017-2018 Family Series productions are available at 10a or 12p on the dates listed below. These shows run approximately 60–90 minutes with no intermission.
- Bunnicula – Oct 19, 24 & Nov 2, 9
- Androcles and the Lion – March 6 and15
Reservation and Payment
To make a reservation, you may submit a Student Matinée Inquiry Form or contact the Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (719) 634-5583. Please be prepared to give your group size (students and adults), preferred dates, any special needs, and contact information. Availability can vary based on group size.
A 50% nonrefundable deposit is due upon scheduling your reservation. The remaining balance is due two weeks prior to the performance. All payments are final.
Ask about our pre and post-show workshops and talkbacks with the cast!
- What if I have students with special needs?
We do our best to accommodate all students. If you have students with special needs, please let the Box Office know so that we can make any necessary arrangements.
- Can I choose my own seats?
For Mainstage shows, the Box Office will assign a block of seats to each group based on group size and reservation date. For Family Series shows, seating is general admission.
- Can I make changes to my reservation?
Depending on availability, you may change your group size up until the final payment has been made. After that date, you may purchase additional tickets based on availability, but no refunds can be given if you reduce your group size. Exchanges are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- What if my school has a snow day?
If you are unable to attend a performance due to a weather cancellation or delay, please let us know as soon as possible! We will do our best to reschedule your performance. If this is not possible, you will be given a full refund.
- What other activities do you offer for school groups?
The FAC offers museum tours for school groups throughout the year. More information
Some other frequently asked questions are addressed in the Student Matinée Guidelines attached below. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact the Box Office at email@example.com or (719) 634-5583.